The first edition of 2015 Finnish magazine Pelaaja, has an extensive article about Mortal Kombat X and it reveals the return of the beloved Kung Lao who joins with other fighters already announced as Scorpion, Raiden, Kano, Sub-Zero and others. Based on the information of the magazine here given some details of the history and character:
- Mortal Kombat X should spend about 25 years in the future, from the previous game;
- Kotal Khan is the all-powerful leader of the Outerworld;
- Sonya Blade and Johnny Cage has a daughter named Cassie;
- Kung Lao appear aged and apparently managed to escape events from the end of MK9;
- The fighter is already fully playable and in accordance with Boon is one of the most versatile of the game;
- Like the other fighters, Kung Lao will have three variations in fighting style: Tempest, Buzz Saw and Hat Trick;
- In Tempest variation, Kung Lao uses spinning attacks and can create a shield with his hat;
- The Buzz Saw variation focuses on pitches of the hat that can be controlled by the player;
- In Hat Trick you can throw and “call” the hat back at any time, creating different strategies.
The creator of the game, Ed Boon also ensured that the online features of the game are even more complex. At the beginning of the game, the player will ally himself to one of five different clans and each group will collect points that release resources and even change the color of the menus. Each player will automatically contribute to the group, regardless if you’re playing online or alone. Mortal Kombat X is scheduled for 2015 and will get versions for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.